Friday, August 12

Super Niece to the Rescue

If you check out this link http://kaylassinglemom.blogspot.com you will find the cutest story about my niece! You may read the blog and think that Kayla's mom is just bragging about her little girl, but I am here to tell you that EVERYTHING that Jenn says Kayla does, she does. She truely is a smart child! So much so that I have encouraged Jenn to look into a school for the gifted!

So, I start work at Kroger's tomorrow! Yea! I have to do some training and then work on the register for awhile, because you know everyone has to know how to run a register. I am looking forward to doing this...I know most people would say "Why are you looking forward to a 2nd job?" I am looking forward to it for 2 reasons: First, I believe it is a God job, meaning that God has a plan for me there. My jobs, routinely have been born out of a prayer assignment from God, so I count it an honor to do this for Him! Second, it will be extra $$ to help pay off the credit card debt that we have racked up over the last couple years. I began the snowball effect into credit card debt by rationalizing in my head that I needed to establish my credit in case anything ever happened to Tim. Yeah, that was a stupid move...started out with one card...then two...then another which paid off the original two...then another one...then convinced Tim to get one for some reason I can't remember...then convinced Tim to get another one for another unknown reason. Yes, I am the instigator in these bad choices I admit. I suck at handling credit wisely...it is like giving a package of disinfectant wipes to a person with OCD, they can't help but wipe everything down.....I can't help but rack up credit cards.

Ok, I got a little personal there...more so than I think I really want out there for everyone to see. But I will be brave and post it anyway. If you pretend that a problem isn't there or you try to hide it, it just gets bigger and bigger. So I ask you, plead with you, if you see me out there in the big world buying stuff...ask me if I have permission to buy and is it really neccesary. Help a sister to stay accountable!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for bragging about Kayla. I think she is amazing and it makes me feel good to hear that it isn't just me being a bragging mother!
As for the credit card debt, stop beating yourself up so much. You have acknowledged that there is a problem and you are taking steps to correct the situation. That is all of any of us can do- and WAY more than most people EVER do! You are holding yourself accountable and you are working on solutions. Enough with pounding yourself! I am so proud of you for this post and for the things you are doing to correct the situation! Consider this a pat on the back, a hug, a high five, and all that.
And when you get an urge to spend unwisely and you feel that hard plastic sliding into your fingers, hear my voice in your ear, "Put down the plastic and step away! You DO NOT need another shower curtain. You DO NOT need more polka-dotted panties. You DO NOT need to treat the kids and all their friends to dinner at the Sherman House and a movie at Wolf Theatre with popcorn and candy and soda. STOP - STOP - STOP!!! :) LOL I love ya, Sis!!!!!