Monday, August 22

One week down, many more to go

I survived my first week of working two jobs. I know I full filled my commitment to my hourly job, from my observations I didn't short change my commission job. I never anticipated it to be difficult to manage both and it's not. I just found myself second guessing the job at Kroger mainly because I wasn't doing what I wanted to do. I had to miss Youth prayer last night which is something that I truely enjoy, because I had to work at Kroger. But in the midst of my shift at Kroger I knew that I was where I was supposed to be. Nothing major happened...no one got saved in aisle 4, I didn't get to pray with someone for healing at register 8, I didn't even get to share my faith with a co-worker, I didn't even get a solid chance to pray over the store at any time last night; but I KNOW that I KNOW I was supposed to be there last night. I don't understand the reasoning, I certainly could find another part time job that pays more, but that is not what God has planned. So here I sit, splitting my time between Legacy, Kroger, my family and church. I no longer have any days off per se, but am finding it very satisfying to be doing what my Father wishes me to do.

On a more intense note...Michael is leaving his wife and new baby girl this coming weekend. Not by choice but by orders from the DoD. His unit is being deployed for a second time to Iraq. I am sad that he will miss most of his daughters "first's". Although he did get to see her first 2 teeth! I am sad that he has to leave Jamie to fend for herself at Ft Campbell, this is where I struggle with his decision to buy a house down there. I wish she had the freedom to go back home to Ft Wayne and live with her mom until he came back. But all I can do is pray that she endures and God surrounds her with people that love Him and that she comes home often! :)

Tim, the girls (I think) and I are going down to Ft Campbell on Saturday morning. we will be back on Tuesday.

Well, back to work!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I told you you're a perky Christian! LOL