Wednesday, May 17

Road Trip

We are back...Ashley and I. I flew out to Arizona, then drove back with Ashley. We had so much fun! Were able to re-connect as Mom and daughter and as friends. We got to stop at Ft. Sill and see Steven. He looks good and is doing fine. Out of all of my children I struggle letting him go the most. With every fiber of my being I have to fight the urge to "Mother" him. He still just seems so vulnerable. God is making him a man though. The Army thinks they are doing it but I know better. I praise God each moment for the gift of all my children and am fully blessed to know that they are all in relationship with my Father! I continue to pray for every one of them to serve Him fully...God is faithful and His will in their lives will be done!

We all go down to Ft Campbell this weekend to see Michael, Jamie and Ashlyn as Michael is home for a couple of weeks from Iraq. All that is except Kyrie. She is going to IHOP with some friends to spend some time in the prayer room. (My 17 year old...wanting to spend time soaking in the presence of the Almighty...can you imagine!! God you are TOO good to me!!) My heart is full and it is good!

Another part of me struggles, (I probably need to spend some good quality time soaking in the presence of I AM too.) I long for a change in my attitude towards my employment or for a door to open so I can leave. Change me O God!!!

No comments: