Tuesday, May 2

Giving and taking away


I met this little girl when she was 1 and a half years old. She was fiesty, comical, dramatic and compassionate then; she is still all of those things and more. I have had the wonderful pleasure of raising her with her father since then and I am a little sad as I look at that picture. She and her sisters and her father came into my life and showed me that I could love again. I am fortunate that she is not all grown up yet, I still have a few more years with her. But when she goes there will be no more children in the home, except when the grandkids come to visit. Life requires growth, as much as I wanted the kids to grow up when they were little, I wish now that they could remain children; but they wont, they have to grow up. Thank you Lord for the opportunity to share my love with this young lady, make her the woman you desire her to be. I am proud to have her call me mom!

No comments: