Monday, September 19

The bittersweetness of Grandchildren

Jamie and the baby stopped to spend the night last night before heading down to Ft Campbell. Before they got here I was frustrated and hurt that she just spent two and a half weeks at her moms and couldn't find the time or effort to spend more than 24 hours with us. As my own mother-in-law's words echo in my ear: "Welcome to life as a Mother-in-Law" I sit trying to reconcile the fact that I may not get the chance to be a big part of Ashlyn's little life. That is hard. I totally fell in love with her. I would give my life for her. I do know this, no matter what, she will ALWAYS know that I love her and she is safe and welcome in my home at all times!

So, Jamie left this morning; we offered to keep Sadie for her. Not really an even trade in my book, but it will be fine. I am just praying I don't become resentful!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awwww... Honey, I am SO sorry. It will get better. Just keep being the sweet, thoughtful, loving, doting Grandma that you are and things will be okay. I will pray for you.

(OH NO! I THINK YOU MIGHT BE TURNING ME INTO A PERKY CHRISTIAN!!!)

I love you!