Tuesday, January 11

Rain, Rain go away!!

I am just about tired of all this rain! My back yard looks like the shallow end of a swimming pool! If it doesn't stop rainning soon my goats are going to need a canoe or I am going to have to let them back up to the top deck... :( (see a post or two ago for my thoughts on that!)

We are having friends over for dinner tonight. I am hoping that Tim and John can find something in common to talk about. John's in banking and Tim's in, well...you know.....trucking ;) and I am a little conserned that conversation might lag at times. I really hope that we will become good friends with this couple, I like John's wife Christy alot. I feel like once we forge a relationship and become closer, this is a friendship that will last a lifetime. Christy and I don't have too much in common on the outside...she's a stay at home mom that home schools 3 young (4-8) boys and is about 90 lbs soaking wet and I am a working mom with 3 teenage girls in public high school and I am about 2 and a half times her size! (Okay, maybe not quite 2 1/2 times her size!) On the inside though we have the same heart for intercession, we love to pray and God has made a spirit connection between us that we cannot shake. I am not expecting our husbands to connect int he same way, I would just like them to connect on ANY level!

Also, late tonight Grant is supposed to come over and bring a movie....don't know if I am going to stay up for that or not. I do have to get up early tomorrow and go to my first Pilaties class, can't be tired for that! I think I am going to like it, I guess we'll see!

Speaking of early mornings, I had a nice talk with my friend this morning while we were walking at the Y. I am really gald we talked about what we talked about. I am doubley glad that she can open up with me and be honest and real about her feelings, I dont' think she can do that with anyone else that is close to her. Not that I am tooting my own horn or anything, it's just really important for her spiritual health that she have someone to sound off on when she needs it! I am glad I can be that for her!

Gotta go home a make sure the list of things to do that I left for Tim and the girls is getting done.

Peace, love and harmony!

No comments: