Thursday, March 23

Happiness or Holiness

Have you ever wondered why God created marriage? I used to think it was that He wanted us to be happy, but now I am not so sure. You see we (Tim and I and our Tuesday small group) are reading/exploring a book called Sacred Marriage, in which the author(can't remember his name) asserts that maybe marriage was created to make us holy. The more I read this book and then see how Tim and I handle conflict, attitudes and/or frustration in our marriage, the more I can see that God uses it more for making us holy than for our happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I started considering this aspect of marriage a few years ago I had a huge attitude shift (for the better).

Less likely to try to strangle somebody if they're assisting you in becoming more holy, after all. ;)