Friday, October 8

AVOID AOL AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Just thought I would let anyone know who reads my blog....( ok, so nobody does, but...) anyway, I had THE most rude customer service rep in the world this morning at AOL. I have had bad customer service before but nothing of this nature or volatility. This man, if you can call him that; insulted, ingnored and was just plain rude to me. I called to cancel my account because we are having computer problems at home and I am not sure when we are going to be able to fix them and rather than paying the $23.90/mo that I have been I wanted to be a smart person and cancel. Well he offered me a free external modem made specifically for AOL and I told him I wasn't interested and didn't have the time for a sales pitch because I was at work and he procceeded to tell me how stupid I would be not to take the free modem. He continued to speak at record speed about how they would send me the modem and suspend my billing until November all the while I am telling him I don't want it over and over again and then saying I want to speak to his supervisor and he IGNORED ME and then after I am practically shouting at him he tells me that I am in luck that he is a manager and that he WILL be the only one helping me. I told him that I was surprised he was talking to me that way when he was a manager and that I still wanted to speak with his supervisor and he refused to listen to me. He then insulted me again by saying that I would have to be stupid to not take what he was offering me and then rattled off my cancellation # so fast that I only got three of the numbers. Then he sent my call to one of those automated lines to listen to my options regarding cancellation.

The morale of the story.....

DON"T USE AOL FOR ANYTHING!!!

No comments: