Monday, September 20

Emotional roller coaster

I was standing in line for this roller coaster called "Emotions" on Friday. It was a long line, lots of people waiting to get on. Some I don't think wanted to ride, some didn't have a clue what they were getting on, and some enthusiastically anticipated this ride. On Saturday I finally boarded the ride, buckled myself in, stowed all my loose articles and tried to think of something else. This ride started out pretty tame, just some minor ups and downs, nothing to fear. Then all of a sudden we rounded a turn and this enormous hill of anger loomed in front of me. The cars grabbed the chain on the tracks...click, click, click....and I made my asscent. I could feel the frustration, bitterness, and resentment building. As I went down the other side I unleashed my fury into the open air! I rode the coaster into Sunday which included loops, bends and hills named loneliness, confusion, sadness and hurt. The ride has finally ended this morning, but I can see that there is another roller coaster down the road just calling my name.




No comments: